Vishal has fifteen years of experience in dispute resolution work, including company / commercial litigation and arbitration. Vishal was admitted to the bar in 2002. Vishal has handled all types of litigation matters, including criminal matters across India and has appeared in almost all the Tribunals and High Courts in India, including the Supreme Court of India. Vishal handles complex commercial disputes and civil litigation and has represented several large Indian and multinational Companies in contentious matters across all business sectors.
Vishal is well versed with the procedures of all the Tribunals, High Courts and the Supreme Court of India. Vishal has been advising foreign clients on international arbitrations, execution of foreign decrees and arbitration awards in India, and leading Indian companies on dispute matters in India and abroad.
Civil, criminal and corporate laws with a focus on domestic and international dispute resolution, including commercial litigation and arbitration.
- Advised a Cayman Island fund in successfully executing the international arbitration award in India and defending the challenge to the international arbitration award in India.
- Advised one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chemicals, fertilizers, plastics and metal industry in executing the foreign decree in India.
- Advised a world-renowned car rental company in executing an international arbitration award in India and defending the challenge to the international arbitration award in India.
- Strategized and advised the exit option for an international health care company based in US from Indian JV Partner.
- Advised various banks and financial institutions in recovery of the loan amount under the Recover of Debt Due to Bank and Financial Institutions Act,1993 and The Securitisation and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest Act, 2002.
- Advised an Italian company to recover its dues from an Indian company.
- Advised on execution of foreign arbitration award and decrees from the reciprocating territories.
- Advised a leading healthcare company in India in arbitration for specific performance of the management agreement.
- Regulatory advice to a leading pharma company in India regarding the Drug Price Control Policy.
- Advised a leading independent service provider for the steel industry in various contractual disputes.
- Advised a leading pharma company in dispute with Food and Drugs Administration.
- Advised a healthcare company in a dispute against the local municipal corporation and various contractual disputes.
- Advised one of the largest manufacturers of cold rolled steel and galvanized steel company in its various disputes.
- Advised an entertainment company in a dispute with the licensing authority.
- Advised a leading international industrial services provider company in various contractual disputes.
- Advised various client in infringement of trademark proceedings.
- Negotiated and settled dispute between JV partners in the Defence sector.
- Advised clients in disputes against the Government for infringement of constitutional rights.